Arriving by air: Saint Louis Lambert International Airport is serviced by most domestic airlines. A taxi from the airport to Saint Louis University's campus will cost $40 to $50 plus tip. Public transportation is also available via Metrolink (Grand Station stop).
Arriving by car: Saint Louis University is located off of I-64. When travelling Eastbound or Westbound on I-64: take the Grand Blvd. exit. Then turn right (North) onto Grand Avenue.
For more detailed information, please consult this website: http://www.slu.edu/x5458.xml
Parking: For those staying at Hotel Ignacio, parking is available ($9 a day) in a monitored surface lot to the north of the hotel or in the Saint Louis University garage just south of the hotel. Overnight parking is available at SLU’s Olive-Compton Garage (at the corner of Olive Street and N Compton Ave) for $6 per day or per exit. Those not staying on campus may park in the Laclede Garage (overnight parking prohibited). The Moolah Garage (3721 Westminster Ave, across from campus) offers a $4 flat rate during the day. The garage is used for movie theater parking in the evening.
Yellow Cab of St. Louis 314-656-6705
Laclede Cab 314-652-3456
ABC & Checker Cab 314-766-7433
The Hotel Ignacio is the preferred hotel for the 2015 IMA gathering and is located adjacent to Saint Louis University's campus. Accommodations can be booked at www.hotelignaciostl.com, but space is limited, so be sure to book early.
There are numerous hotels in the surrounding area. All are located within easy walking distance of a MetroLink station and no more than one stop away from the Grand Station (two blocks south of Saint Louis University).
- Here are some of the nicer hotels in the area:
- The Chase Park Plaza, located in the Central West End
- The St. Louis Union Station by Hilton, located downtown at Union Station
- The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites, located downtown near Union Station
- For those seeking budget-friendly accommodations, here are some suggestions:
- The Drury Inn Union Station, located downtown at Union Station
- The Parkway Hotel, located in the Central West End